A DAY TRIP TO LONDON



Hei!


This week I have been more visually inspired and it has come out in the ways I have edited the pictures I took on my trip to London some months ago. I don't know if I'll be inspired the same way when writing this blog post, but in any case I hope you enjoy!


LONDON CALLING


Some months ago me and my girlfriend planned a trip to London. I have previously lived there for some years and I still call it my second home. It was my first home away from home and the same love for it still burns inside me so every time I get to visit this wonderful city I have an amazing experience from the get go as I get to visit so many wonderful memories. 

We could only manage a day trip and we wanted to make most of it without rushing it. So we decided to stay in East London for the day. We were going to also meet a friend of mine and we wanted to have an easy chill day. 

Our train arrived at Euston from where we had planned to take the tube to Liverpool Station. I thought it would be easier to walk to euston square station and take a straight tube line to where we were headed. This meant mainly crossing a road and we'd be there. Somehow I still managed to make that short walk into a long one by rushing through a crossing and falling flat on my face. I twisted my ankle pretty badly and to be honest I don't know how I got through the day with that swollen and painful foot! (The next day was actually worse and the ankle took some time to heal...) Somehow, possibly with the power of adrenaline, we managed to get to the tube station and eventually to Liverpool Street. 





Our first stop on the East Side was going to be Spitalfields. On our way from Liverpool Station we stopped by a place called Hardy's Original Sweetshop. My girlfriend was on the hunt for fudge and that she did indeed find. The cute little shop also had vegan sweets or fudge (I can't now remember what it was as it was months ago but I remember feeling impressed) and also some simpsons drinks that I almost bought but ended up deciding leaving behind.

At Spitalfields market I showed my favourite hang out spots to my girlfriend and we walked around all the little stalls. We found some amazing art works and almost bought t-shirts from this one stall by Conquer Gear. We absolutely loved the art and the thought behind their work. I definitely recommend them to anyone who likes interesting art works and cares about the environment!


YOU MOTHER CLUCKER!


After wandering around Spitalfields and the Sunday up market on Brick Lane we decided to get something to eat. We decided to go for some chips from this quirky van as it promised some yummy nacho cheese! I have to say the wait was a bit long, but I can understand as the chips were worth having! I got full super quick and couldn't even finish them!

This was also when my friend got to Brick Lane and after some running in circles (from her part) we were finally reunited! The weather had been amazing all day and to celebrate we treated ourselves for some drinks. After some catching up we continued our way through Brick Lane.




A trip to Brick Lane wouldn't be complete without visiting Rough Trade. It's almost like you step into another level of existence when you walk through those doors. So much new music to discover and all your old favourites are there too. Everyone comes together no matter what music genre you're into. Sadly we didn't have much money to spend so nothing came with me this time but next time I get to visit I will definitely prepare for some new discoveries.

Another favourite part of Brick Lane to me is all the art work. Brick Lane has a lot of history and a lot of future clashing and matching. One of the beautiful ways that the past and the future mold together is the different art works along the way when you walk the whole street from beginning to end. When I used to live in London I had this habit when I lived in Homerton. The habit was to have these Sunday walks when ever I could do them. It meant walking all the way down from Homerton to Broadway Flower market and from there to Brick Lane and Spitalfields. They'd always end in the restaurant Leon where I'd have at least a cup of coffee if not lunch. On these walks I always found something new and inspiring and to think of it the magic of that walk has helped me once again. I always found my inspiration and yet again I have found it in the form of looking back to this trip.





SOUTH EAST


After Brick Lane we took an overground to Rotherhithe as there was one more stop before we needed to head home. When I get the chance to have little pieces of home to take with me I take those chances. This time it was in the form of me getting Finnish sweets and chocolate. I have to admit I'm not religious but there is something holy in every visit that I make to the Finnish Church. It's mainly cause they have a shop of Finnish products in the building.

After spending the rest of our money on Finnish yummies and some coffee and sweet buns we finally had to start heading back home. Yet another home. We made our way back to Liverpool street where we had to say our goodbyes to one of my bestest friends.

I'm so grateful to have so many places that I get to call my homes.



Here are my favourites from this week:



Ethical and quirky clothing.


A song I fell in love with the first time it was released here in La Blogotheque in June and I still am in love with. 


An editing program that I've had some fun with this week.




               



Comments