So here we are.



Hei!


That is hello in Finnish. Many conversations start with a hello so that's how we are starting this one.

I have been wanting to start a vlog for the longest time but never had the guts to do it. It's hard to put yourself out there and do something you have never done before. I have done some sort of blogging for many years, so this might come more naturally. Of course I am no expert in it still so many mistakes and awkwardness will follow!

Why am I here then?
Well to be honest it started when I moved last year. I had been living many years in England and in end of July 2015 I moved to Ireland. I packed my bags and grabbed Simo the Unicorn and made the move. I had saved up money to live on as I didn't have a job lined up in Ireland. My plan was to look for a job and in the mean time when I didn't have one I'd start vlogging.

I tried it.
I tried it again.
And again.
And again.
And again.

Filming yourself talk alone about subjects that are very close to your heart was hard. Much harder than I had originally thought. Life would go on and I kept trying to find a job and I kept vlogging. I never felt like I had it all together. Which was quite funny as in the beginning of those vlogs I said to myself that the whole point of making these vlogs would be to not be ready; to be work in progress, to be unsure, to not know what I was doing. It was the odd uneven time where I wasn't this or that but I was going to figure out what I was and what I was capable of.

Finally I had an idea to start a blog alongside the vlogging.

Vlogging could be a way for me to get a chance to talk about something and get it out of my system and hopefully reach others who are going through something similar and to connect with those people.

Blogging would be a space where I could expand on the subject; write more about it, include more resources and information.

So here we are. This is the start.

From here on I will be writing about different subjects that I want to either express, explore or learn more about. The subjects will include at least the following:

  • Feminism
  • LGBTQIA+ 
  • Travelling
  • Mental Health
  • Emotions: do they make you vulnerable or strong?
  • Identity
  • Art/Music/Creativity
  • Home: What does that word mean? To me? To you? 
  • Vegetarian or vegan
  • Environment
  • Learning/growing
  • Gender

I'm also happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions which you can leave at the comments section here or anywhere else in any of my other social medias which are linked below. I read every comment and try to comment back on all, as I'm always open for conversation! To have a safe place to create conversations and connect with others are a big part of why I have created the Odd Uneven Time. 

I hope you are as excited as I am and I hope to get to create something wonderful with you!







               




Comments

  1. voi hemmetti mää e oo käyny tumblrissa pitkään aikaan en ees tienny et sulla on tämmöne aaaaaa!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo oon jo pitemmän aikaa tätä suunnitellu, mutta viime viikolla sit vasta pistin julkiseks! :) Et oo ehtiny missaa mitään!

      Delete

Post a Comment