Phoebe Bridgers.

Phoebe Bridgers has been rising to the knowledge of many people for many years now, and no matter how much more popular she gets, her sound has remained truthful and vulnerable. She has slowly become a superstar, even listed on Barack Obama's favourite music list of 2020. 


I found Phoebe Bridgers through boygenius, as I was a long time fan of Julien Baker. So glad I stumbled upon Baker's music way back on those tumblr days. (The third member of boygenius Lucy Dacus is also worth the listen. Check them all out.)



Since it came out end of 2020 my absolute obsession has been Kyoto (Copycat Killer Version)The emotional violins, the clear voice of Phoebe and the lyrics.


" I'm gonna kill you
If you don't beat me to it
Dreaming through Tokyo skies
I wanted to see the world
Then I flew over the ocean
And I changed my mind "


Travelling to find my home


I've travelled to see girlfriends, partners, family, to explore a new city with a friend, spend time away from the everyday, spend time with my dad. I've always loved travelling. I love taking a train to another city and going for a wander somewhere new. I love a road trip, either driving around directionlessly or when you know where you're going. At one point I took the airplane to see my partners or my family so much it felt the same as taking the train to a neighbouring city. 


There's another part to travelling that I love as well. Which is when you're on a train or a plane, you don't have to worry about anything and nothing is expected of you. You just need to get where you're going. I love the in-between, neither here or there. The same goes with when you're away from home somewhere else, there is a plan to what you're doing there and the stress of everyday can't follow you there. You're just there to enjoy and explore the new. 

Exploring somewhere new makes me feel full and alive again. Seeing the ins and outs of a new city, eating good food, walking around and finding inspiration in all the things that the locals see as everyday things. But no matter where I am, what I'm doing, I always reach a point when I'm happy to be going home at the end of it, whatever or wherever that home may be.


We're almost there


What made me come here and write about Bridgers, was when I was watching her performance of I Know The End on Saturday Night Live. I wanted to share with others what I was seeing. From the visual of the red lighting against the signature skeletons and beautiful beaded dress on Bridgers, to the soft lyrical beginning and loud guitar smashing end. It is exhilarating experience to have someone so perfectly express a feeling.


 




"Either way, we're not alone
I'll find a new place to be from
A haunted house with a picket fence
To float around and ghost my friends
No, I'm not afraid to disappear
The billboard said, "The end is near"
I turned around, there was nothing there
Yeah, I guess the end is here"




Be kind to yourself and others!



               

Comments